Feeding catheter is used in gastroenterology for enteral feeding and delivery of medications into the gastric cavity.
- Feeding catheter is made of transparent thermoplastic implantable non-toxic polyvinyl chloride.
- The thermoplastic material softens due to the temperature of the surrounding tissues.
- It has a closed rounded distal end, which provides a painless atraumatic insertion.
- The special location of side holes reduces the risk of dumping syndrome development .
- Luer connector is adapted for use with automatic dosing devices.
- Sealed connector cap (withstands multiple opening and closing) prevents fluid leakage and infection of the catheter contents.
- Smooth surface ensures easy insertion.
- The lumen does not overlap when twisted.
- Outer diameter D, CH -4 to 36, color-coded connector in accordance with international standards.
- Length L, 100-2000 mm.
- Tube with/without radiopaque band.
- Tube material: transparent thermoplastic implantable non-toxic medical grade PVC, phthalate-free, with/without markings.
- Sterile, intended for single use.
- Packed in individual sterile packaging.
- Shelf life (sterility) - 5 years from the date of manufacture.
- Catheter can be made in other configuration upon customer's request.